Monday, November 24, 2008

VINTAGE BABY!!

I love antiques and vintage clothes. And even if an object is older or has history behind it, I still like to use it in daily life for maximum enjoyment.

Such as the following:

When I was a baby/toddler, my mom saved some of my baby clothes for me. When Lilah was first born, my mom gave the clothes to me, but I hadn't dug them out until recently. Now Lilah is the perfect size for most of the clothes!

I wore this t-shirt home from the hospital:


Didn't all the "H" girls have a similar outfit to this one??!?




Both hat and jacket used to be mine! Notice the 1980s unsafe strings affixed to baby's clothes. I don't think Babies 'R Us would sell anything like this now....





What a cute dress!

Lilah will continue to wear these clothes are part of her wardrobe until she's too big for them too. Then I will pack these clothes, along with some newer special outfits I am saving for her, up in storage where they will wait for another 25+ years.

No comments: