Sunday, November 16, 2008

Channeling Martha Stewart….

About a month or so back, a student’s family from LOH invited me for dinner. About half-way through the meal, the mother randomly blurted out, “I mean, really, what are you doing with yourself now that you’re not working?” She didn’t mean to be insulting – she just knows I am a person that doesn’t like to stay inactive. Still, the manner in which the question was presented gave away her true thoughts behind it.

I replied, “I cook. I clean. I have dinners ready for Nick every night when he comes home from work.” Then, deciding to poke fun at myself I added, “I’m a regular Martha Stewart.”

To which she responded, “Yeah, I’ll bet you are.”

Okay, now what did she mean by that?!?!?

Anyway, this segues into this post as I blog about the trials and tribulations of learning to sew. (Hence Martha)

Here are pictures of my latest sewing project. My mother-in-law is doing a great job trying to teach me what she knows. Patiently. Repeatedly. In different languages.





It’s a double-sided (Halloween/Thankgiving) quilted table-runner. The Thanksgiving side of the table runner was a little out of my league to sew, and my Mother-in-law and her sister had to step in half-way through the project to save it. Thanks to their help, it is now finished. Thank you Mom T & Judy J – I was pretty close to lighting it on fire.

Now a week and a half to Thanksiving, I am looking forward to my sisters and their families coming in from out of town. One sister has yet to meet Lilah! I can’t wait to kick off the festivities.

Happy Thanksgiving ya’ll!

2 comments:

Nana said...

Maybe you can whip another Thanksgiving table runner before next week, Martha!! Or you can just let me use yours!!! It really looks good and you did a great job everyone!!

Nicole said...

Looks nice! Good job.