Wednesday, November 12, 2008

She's Baaaaaack!



This past weekend I brought Sweet P home from her 2-month vacation with "Kate", on Kate's owner's property near Hood River. She had sixty acres to run and graze on! She kept herself busy by chasing wild turkey out of her pasture -- honest to God. I wanted to get video of it to put on the blog, but wasn't able to. :(

For those of you that don't know Sweet P, chasing animals out of her pasture (that she feels don't belong in her 60-acre pasture) is exactly the sort of thing she loves to do.

Now that she's home, she has settled really well into my reining trainer's barn. I am evaluating her soundness (she left LOH with some lameness issues), and if she is up for it, I want to teach her to drive (pull a cart). I'd also like to maybe try cow-cutting, dressage, and solo trail-riding with just her.

I have had Sweet P in my life for 10 years, but it has been several since I've had her all to myself. I'm really looking forward to seeing what type of horse she'll become with just me riding her. Well, me and Lilah riding her. :)





No comments: