Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Reining with "Roxy"

I recently started taking Reining lessons, and I'm having a blast. It has been a long time since I've ridden a horse that knows more than I do -- I'm usually schooling naughty school horses or training up a young/green horse. It has been great fun learning from "Roxy"! After I conquer spinning (in the video) without getting dizzy, it will be time for me to start learning about sliding stops -- where the horse skids to a stop from a dead gallop. On a good run the horse will slid 20 to 30 feet after stopping. Sounds like fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHH! That would be so much fun!!!! It looks like it would make me dizzy too!!! The barn owners new horse is a reiner.... she said she's never been on a horse that spins like him in her life!! I want to ride him! Good for you Heather!