Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Lilah!

On September 13th, 2008, Lilah celebrated her first birthday with a friends-and-family BBQ. Honestly, the BBQ might have been more for Nick and I as in a “congratulations you’ve survived the first year” way.

Since I wasn't doing the blog when Lilah was born, here are two pictures of Lilah at 30 seconds old, before Nick and I knew things were going wrong. I was going to include some "first family pictures" shots, but to be honest, those pictures were taken in ICU, and I didn't even look like myself. The funny thing is, I always wanted to make sure I DIDN'T look horrible in those "first family shots" so I actually brought my make-up bag to the hospital so that I would be able to freshen up before those pictures were taken. Life is full of ironies....






Lilah now weighs close to 30 pounds and 2 1/2 feet tall. She says, "Mama", "Dada", "dog", "doggy", "mmmm" when eating, " and "hi." She is adventorous, tough, full of energy, and continues to be an overall happy kid.

Here are some pictures taken at 1 year old:


Hey, Nana, does this shirt look familar?


Happy baby! (I managed to get a quick pic before L ripped the hat off -- go me!)


Lilah currently has a fascination with shoes. Let's hope it doesn't develop into a Carrie Bradshaw habit.....


Lilah's preferred mode of transportation. She now grabs our ears for hand-holds. Can you her doing it to Nick? Ouch!




Anyway, the BBQ was great! Here are some pictures from her birthday





Who needs a party when you can play in a tub of water?


The Tyrrell side cousins :


Does someone need a nap?








Lilah says, "Mmmmm" . (that is seriously one of her first words.....)


Playing with Kristin in L's new car!


Cousin Kristopher & Lilah


I think parenthood is the best thing I've ever done. Even while it is enormously difficult, it is also a lot of fun. Here's to the next year! Thank you to everyone who came to Lilah's BBQ! We love you beyond words Lilah!

























2 comments:

Nana said...

It was a fun happy day. We love you beyond words too!!!! nana

Ellehcim said...

How I wish I could've been there! Looks like it was a lot of fun. I am coming to see you soon and hear Lilah talk! I am so excited! She is so precious a person!