Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Occupation just not around"

 

So, in effort to keep this blog as an online diary for Lilah to someday enjoy, I will blog about quitting my job of the last 4 years.

Quitting at LOH has been an idea that has been a long time coming, and as time went on it become obvious that leaving was the right choice. I know 4 years is not neccesarily a long time to hold down one job, but in those four years I got connected with the Portland horse world, got to work with a wonderful selection of school horses, and watched my students grow from little girls to mature young women. Some of them even became first-time horse owners, and watching their accomplishments has been very rewarding.

Now with that sap out of the way, I am not, and was not, sad to leave LOH. In fact, I celebrated after giving my notice (and knowing I had my mentor's blessing), and I celebrated on my last day at the job. I didn't look back as I put Sweet P in the trailer and took her home with me.

I have gotten hit with the panicked, "okay, now what?" feeling when I think of the endless days stretching forward of being home with Lilah and not going to work. I can also feel the horse withdrawals sinking in. But I will keep busy researching new opportunities.  I am interviewing at places in the Willamette Valley and outside of it, and I'm researching what it would take to start my own Riding School.

I had a client tell me that she knows I'm onto to bigger and better things. I think I am too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you made the right choice. They didn't deserve you. Good luck with your decision on what to do next.