Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lilah says, "I'm a big girl now!"

CIMG0029 

Each day Lilah becomes less of a baby and more of a toddler. In fact, this past week marked a complete transition for Lilah from the infant room to the toddler area at daycare. This means that Lilah now has recess, plays with bigger-kid toys, and makes artwork I can proudly display on the fridge. (See the blue and orange blobs in the middle of the picture.)

When the director at daycare talked to me about moving Lilah up, she informed me Lilah would not be allowed bottles, pacifers, or "anything baby-related". (That's a direct quote) Instead, L will have snacks twice daily, lunch that she can feed herself, and take her naps on a floor mat.

And while this sounds harsh, the transition was smooth and gradual, and Lilah has never been more excited to go to daycare. When I dropped her off on Friday, she lit off away from me instead of doing the usual leg-cling and cry. She even has a very good friend -- another girl one year and two inches shorter than L -- that she "plays" closely with. They are pretty cute together!

2 comments:

Auntie Michelle said...

I thought Lilah was staying home with you?!

Nana said...

I did verify with the parents that even though she can't have her pacifier, bottle etc. she can still wear diapers!! She is growing up too fast.