Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's just like Christmas!

Nick informed me on Thursday that he arranged to have L spend the night at my parents on Friday night. So I dropped Lilah off Friday afternoon and hurried back to Vancouver. In my excitement, I got pulled over by a cop outside of Delta park. SIGH. It was a like another "I love Luc-- err, Heather" moment, 'cause the ticket was not cheap. (Luckily Nick is developing the patience of Job.)

So, after playing with the Appy project (see below post), Nick took me out to a nice sit-down dinner downtown. (Read -- the Panda Express off of Burnside.) Then, we gathered a group of friends for a night on the town. We stayed out until the wee hours in the morning, then slept in this morning until 10:30. It was awesome. (As a sidenote -- I can't believe all the nights we did this sort of thing before Lilah and just took it for granted. That's a thought for those of you that don't have kids!!) Anyway, after a quiet, adults-only breakfast, we happily went back to parenthood.

Thank you Nana and Grandpa Paco for baby-sitting! We had a great time!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Thank you for dropping her off here!! We had a lot of fun and now we miss her. She livens things up and is such a good baby. Plan on another date!!