Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Wedding Weekend -- Adults Only!!

Ahhhhh.... I love being a mommy, but there are times when it's fabalous to ditch Lilah with a grandparent(s) and enjoy good adult fun with friends. When we were invited to the Program Director's (from camp) surprise wedding, Nick and I used it as an excuse to have an adult-only weekend getaway with friends.

We got stuck in Portland traffic on Friday and arrived late to Marc's new apartment in Bend (everyone has moved outta camp 'cause there's no running water). After a few glasses of wine, we all headed to the wedding:

Here's me, Marc, Jake and Carol:


The "bro-mance" continues on:


Here's two grown men making an ass of themselves:
That was the joke anyway at the wedding. We all thought it was pretty funny at the time. Guess that was the first clue to cut back on the drinking.... Which one do you think is Nick??

Carol & I with the happy bride!


My boys!


Okay, Boss. With this pinky-promise we'll all remember you promised me a raise....


And..... more wine.....


I am not posting any of the dancing pictures. Sorry. If you feel cheated (don't), I will email you some of Nick.


With the Groom.....


The next day after the wedding Nick and I hit up Hoodoo's inner-tube hill with Jake & Carol. It was a blast, and I can't wait until Lilah is older so we can take her....

The view from the top of the hill: 3-fingered Jack is hidden in the clouds!





Taking a rest:


On the rope tow. (The best part!!)



This trip was the first time in 10 years that we have traveled to Central Oregon and not stayed at the Roundhouse. Kind of a weird feeling! We stayed at Jake and Carol's new place outside of Tumalo (sooo cute), and slept in each day until 11am. It's amazing how quickly I can revert back to late nights and late mornings. Definately pre-Lilah existence!
Not only was it great to have a mini-camp reunion (there were other Camp T people at the wedding we got to catch up with) it was also awesome to have some one-on-one time with Nick.
Thank you Nana for taking Lilah for this weekend!

1 comment:

Ellehcim said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!