Wednesday, February 17, 2010

From the Mouths of Babes

Lilah talks a mile a minute, and recently has been coming up with very interesting connections. It's amazing what she picks up on, and it's funny to hear her intrepretations! Here are some of her recent reports:

** The other day a school bus went by our house. Lilah got really excited and shouted, "A schoolbus! I need to ride on schoolbus!" To which I answered, "When you are older, Lilah. And that will make Mommy sad." (I was thinking that when Lilah is riding school buses, she'll be a big girl and won't be at home with me, sniffle, sniffle) Lilah thought about it and then said, "Mommy too! Mommy can ride the school bus too!"

** One day last week Lilah "helped" me get our horse Barry/Caesar out of his stall so he could roll in the arena. She stayed by my side and as he dropped to the ground to roll, she said excitedly, "He's rolling! He's rolling! He's rolling like a bowling ball!"

** Last night Lilah and I were watching a little bit of T.V. before she went to sleep. Barack Obama's face appeared on the screen and she said, "Baska-a-ball." Meaning basketball. I told her, "No, Lilah. That's Barack Obama." To which she responded, "No, Mommy. Baskaball!" We argued back and forth a little longer (her conversation skills have advanced to the point where she can hold her own in an arguement) and finally she said, "Barack-a-ball. That's Barack-a-ball." Hey -- my two year-old can recognize the President of the United States!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Kids say the funniest things... :) Crack me up. Last night while giving the kids a bath, Zander was SUPER cranky.. spontaneously bursting into crying fits, and Chloe was concerned. I said "It's okay hunny, he's just tired..."(we had woke him up a few minutes before), and she looked at me dead serious and said "nu-uh 'Drea, bro-bro just woke up, so he's not tired anymore." I guess that shut me up... at 2...