Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our Holiday Season 2009

For good and bad, 2009 was an extraordinary year with memories that will last a life-time. I love the holiday season, but this holiday season was definately challenging. I'm glad that it is now over so that our live can resume some normalacy. Although I will admit, I'm already looking forward to Christmas 2010! Nonetheless, we had a wonderful holiday surrounded by people we love.

We kicked Christmas off by traveling to Parkdale the night of the 23rd. When we woke up the next morning, we pretended it was Christmas Day and opened gifts and stocking stuffers. Afterwards we went to Nick's sister Karen's house (also in Parkdale), where we met up with the rest of the Tyrrell family (minus Allen), for fellowship, gift exchanging, and even a Christmas sing-along!

Christmas Eve night we drove to my parents' house in Beaverton, where Nick promptly fell asleep and stayed asleep for the next three days, despite gift wrap flying and the frenzied actions of a 2 year-old.

We had a great holiday, with only a small mistake of buying one Polly Pocket for Lilah. Now we are inudated with Polly Pockets -- Lilah can't get enough of them!

Here are some holiday pictures:


What did Santa bring me??

Simon says, "Someone put me out of my misery..."
Merry Christmas!



The Tyrrell Siblings

Christmas sing-along!


The Tyrrell cousins:
After Christmas Lilah and I celebrated my parents' 40th wedding aniversary (with pics coming soon!), and a surprise snow-storm! For New Years' Eve, Nick, Lilah and I went to a party at our friends' house. It was a great party for both the kiddies AND the adults:
Lilah plays with the other kids:
Li and Addie "sharing" the recorder. In hind-sight, I probably should've taken the recorder away sooner rather than taking a picture. You can imagine what a toddler sounds like playing one. :)
Happy New Years everyone! May 2010 be all that you dream!







1 comment:

Ellehcim said...

What a wonderful family! I love you guys!