Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Traditions

Every year, I have a list of things "to-do" in order to call Christmas complete. One of them is to exchange small gifts and/or cookie plates with our neighbors. Year-round we are very luckily to have great neighbors -- we got two baby-sitters on the same street, people who have recently brought us meals and mowed our lawn to help out with Nick, and even those who watched our house for us and repaired it while we were gone over the summer. Nick and I secretly have names for the different families; such as "Mrs. Robinson" 'cause she's an older lady that will ONLY talk to Nick, (never me) or "the Contenders" who make no secret of competing with us for best christmas lights, shortest grass in the summer, best flowering shrubs, ect. All in all though, we couldn't ask for better neighbors. :)

This year, I had some help making my cookie plates. I did our family favorite of butterscotch/resers pieces cookies. Yum-yum!

2 comments:

Nana said...

Nana and I looked at Lilah's pictures!! I said "I am a mess!". I am checking e-mail with Nana this morning.

Ellehcim said...

I had a great time making cookies with you two and eating them! We should do it again sometime!