Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The old ladies kicked my butt!

So the latest PEOPLE magazine has a brief article on "how the stars lost their baby weight" (in just six weeks!) They did so by all exercising two to three hours each day with a personal trainer. Yikes. Not what I have planned for myself, but the article did inspire me to make a goal of exercising every day this week. On Monday I lifted weights. On Tuesday I skipped exercising and had lunch at Taco Bell. Today, I got back on the bandwagon and tried an aqua aerobic swim class.



The course description called it "Aqua Fusion" and said that it was basically an instructor's choice class. The description did not say the instructor was a hydro-nazi with a Stepford-Wife smile.



I have watched this swim class in action and from a distance it looks very innocent. There are a lot of , ahem -- senior citizens doing seemingly-gentle moves underwater so I thought it must be a fairly low-impact workout.



WRONG!



It was an hour-long aerobic and weight-resistance class. The first half-hour I was rolling my eyes at the instructor's move descriptions ("And now the Cowgirl, to the left -- Cowgirl, cowgirl, cowgirl! And the Russian Soldier! To the right, right, right!") The second half hour I was shooting mental darts at her perky face.

All in all though, it was a great class. I can tell I'm going to be sore tomorrow. And I'll be back next week.....

No comments: