Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Just had to share....

Here's Lilah seven years from now!



Just kidding. I actually kind of hope she doesn't want to jump horses. (It's dangerous!)



But here is a shot of one of my students in a mini-horse show I put on over the weekend. She is abroad my school horse "Aspen", who is worth his weight in gold.







When Aspen came into my program a year ago, he was skin-and-bones from being left in a field for a few years . Two of my staff went to see him, and were all excited about this great horse. I trusted my staff's opinions, so I argued the price with his owner sight-unseen. When I finally did lay eyes on him, I was horrified and furious with my staff. (It was one of the rare moments were I actually had to walk away, and the staff avoided me for the rest of the day) I was certain we would fatten him up and he would turn into a pro-bronc horse (a situation that has happened to me before) Why else would anyone leave a horse like him in a field to rot?






But thankfully I was wrong, as my staff loved to joke about now. Aspen really is a phenonmenal horse. He does everything perfectly. I think maybe it's because he is so appreciative to have a good home!

God bless Aspen!

No comments: