Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Janis Joplin's "Crying Baby"

We've all heard Janis Joplin's Crying Baby song. If I had a soundtrack to my life, that song would be number 1 right now.

Ms. Lilah has decided she can only sleep in my arms. She'll conk out, and when I go to lovingly put her in her crib, the little miss wakes up screaming. It's Baby-Insta-Awake!

L's doctor told me it's time to let her start crying it out. So, Nick and I started the process Friday night, and it's been in practice since then. We let her cry for 5 minutes, I check on her, then she cries for 10 mins, I check on her, then she cries for 20 minutes, I check on her. I have frustrations that she can't just fall asleep on her own, but at the same time I want to comfort her when she's crying. It is difficult all around.

Last night she fell asleep still clutching the side of the crib in a sitting position. (because she was too tired to stand and shake the side of the crib)

On a positive note, I do think she's sleeping better with crying it out. She definitely is sleeping longer, and that's nicer for both of us!

:)

1 comment:

Ellehcim said...

Oh Lilah, the lessons of life and dealing with the inevitable... learning to sleep and fall asleep independently, the beginning of growing up and making rational decisions.
Luckily you have wonderfully dedicated parents who are willing to guide you with love and patience!
Hope the tears are outweighed by smiling eyes in the morning.
Love you guys!