Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Just in the NICK of Time

So, one week before we were to set out on our first trail-riding trip of the season, I lost the use of the Riding School's horse trailer and our horse Clifford injured himself in a spectacular way.

Amazingly enough, with a large thanks to my wonderful hubby Nick, we managed to secure both a horse trailer and a second (or third??) horse. Nick found this horse trailer on Craigslist and sent me out to the Dalles to look at it. We are now the proud owners of a three-horse slant load:





Then, my best friend's mother-in-law (who is also injured in a spectacular fashion) offered to let me take her four year baby for the summer. So I'm putting miles on "Kate", who is quiet and sensible but hasn't had much riding experience under her belt. Nick has agreed to let me board Kate near our house, so for the next three months I have a project horse to work with. I like bringing along babies and Kate is very fancy, so I am thrilled.




Thank you, thank you Nick! I love you!!

-Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trailer looks snazzy, got a great deal! Kate is a pretty lil mare! I am super excited to trail ride with you!

Ellehcim said...

Awesome!