Thursday, May 1, 2008

Deep breath in... and out.... Ahhhh....


The first trail ride of the season! Finally -- this weather has been too crazy to hit the trails. Jessica and I hit the Molalla River Trail system -- a bunch of trails that intersect each other on BLM land. The horses were absolute rock stars -- both led without a fuss and Sweet P was our fearless leader when it came to the numerous bridge crossings. Jess and I determined Clifford had probably never been out on a trail ride where he has to put himself in four-wheel drive, but for the most part he did great. He even neck-reins, which my father-in-law will love.

Can't wait for the next ride... Andrea -- you're next!

Happy Riding!

3 comments:

Nana said...

Sweet P looks dwarfed by Clifford. That is one tall horse. Happy Trails to you all.

Anonymous said...

Glad he did a super job! Way to go Sweet P! Looks like you gals had fun... Can't wait to go in the next few days!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous = Michelle (not your sister)
YAY! You finally went for a trail ride! Sounds like you had a good time. Guess what? I may get to go on a trail ride on Monday or Tuesday with some girl I have never met... I found her on Craigslist. She has a 6 year old gelding and a 20 year old mare. I am excited! :)
Miss you much