Friday, May 29, 2009

Summer Fun

We have been told Spring in Central Oregon is very short. Indeed, once it stopped snowing we had one week of heavy rain & snow flurries, and now we are full-on into summer.

Lilah received her first pedicure!


And it's been hot enough at Camp that we've started swimming in the lake!

Lilah likes to wade with Daddy,


but she also likes to go up & down on the dock's ladder. The water is about 20 feet deep under the dock. She tries to get us in the water, then wants to sit on the ladder in our arms. She also likes kicking the water!



Marc, one of my new bosses, also gets in on the hot weather fun...


Lilah traded in her infant life-jacket for a toddler life-jacket through Aunt T. She finds this one much more comfortable!


Now when we are outside, we lather on the sunscreen & chapstick. I'm already rocking a sunburn/farmer's tan, and we've all suffered from mosquito bits. (Marc assures us the mosquitos will all be eaten up by the bats soon...)

The Horse Staff start arriving in a week and a half, with the rest of the camp staff arriving in two weeks. I'm working hard to make sure the corral is ready to go -- today I did physical labor moving horse troughs & junk around -- tonight I need to work on getting paperwork set-up.
We are having fun & summer's definately here!


2 comments:

Auntie Michelle said...

I thought those were your feet. Like mother like daughter! :-)

Andrea said...

Gosh Heather, I can not believe how big Lilah is getting. It seems so long since I have seen her... only a couple months, I know, but my god... water, pedi's, potty training, the whole She-bang!

Glad you guys are getting along at camp, I can't wait to see you again!!