Monday, January 12, 2009

Heather's Perfect Day....

This past Saturday morning, Nick loaded up Lilah and headed to Corvallis to visit friends for the weekend.

I, on the other hand, loaded up Sweet P and hit the trail around Battleground Lake. It was the first time I had ever ridden Sweet P solo on a trail, and she did great! I'm estactic that she's willing to go down the trail by herself -- (not every horse would) -- and now I can hit trails more frequently without waiting for a trail buddy!

After the trail ride (the first since September), I hung out at the barn, making sure Sweet P was tucked snuggly back in her stall. Like the horse-sick kid I used to be, I even cleaned the stalls of the other horses in the barn just to get more of a horse fix.

After puttering around the barn without feeling the rush to get home, I stopped off at a horse show my trainer was judging. I was able to sit quietly and stare at the super-nice horses, which, for the non-horse people reading this, equates to the same drooling over hot boys at the mall.

Only after several hours of horse-related activities, I came home to a quiet house. I ate a late lunch without having to share or defend it with a toddler, and then took a very long, candle-lit bubble bath with reading material (horse magazines and a critically-acclaimed novel, natch)

After the bath, I continued pampering myself. After a couple hours of further "spa" treatments, I decided I better take advantage of Lilah-free time, so I put myself in a frenzy cleaning the house. I cleaned EVERYTHING thoroughly, even cleaning out Lilah's closet and scrubbing the living room couches!

Even with the crazy house-cleaning, between the trail ride and bubble bath, it was a perfect day for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! I am glad Sweet P went down solo... thats awesome! She knows there are no horsse eating monsters waiting around the bend just anxious to gobble her up! I predict lots of riding in your future :) Wish I could have went to the horse show with you? Any favorites? Gimme a call!!!!