Saturday, January 31, 2009

The best money I've ever spent

I have been thinking I should make a list of the best money I've ever spent. Here is a start to it:

1. The $8000 something we spent on the Avalon. Now it's depressing we once spent that much money on it, but it has been (knock on wood) a GREAT car for us.

2. The $300 for Barney. I still miss that horse and wish I could have him back. I also wish I could have gotten him sooner than the last two years of his life, but then I probably would have had to pay more than $300 for him. :)

3. $50 for Simon. Enough said.

4. $1 for the bus ride back up the hill after snorkeling in Hawaii. I was too tired and it was too hot to walk up it myself.

5. $30 for Lilah's Johnny Jump-up bounce seat that we hung in our archway. It provided hours of entertainment for her, and I was able to shower without worrying too much about her.

6. $25 for the man who plowed the driveway at the Roundhouse this past Christmas. I would have gladly paid three times that amount.

7. And finally -- $20 (just TWENTY dollars!) for a kids table that converts from a picnac table to art easel. I found it on Craigslist and it has provided hours of entertainment for Lilah and us!



And this is priceless:



1 comment:

Auntie Michelle said...

That is a total of $8,426 well spent.

And the memories? Priceless.