Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Last Day in the Corral

Monday of Labor Day Weekend was camp's last functioning day in the corral. We ran trail rides in the morning, and then did winterizing projects around the corral in the afternoon. All the staff members have gone home now (sniff, sniff) and it's just me left to care for the horses and get them off to their winter homes. I hope to be moved back to Vancouver again by October 1st, but beyond that Nick and I are still figuring out what we will be doing after our camp experience is over.

The remaining horse staff Labor Day Weekend:


Lilah helped scrub dirty horse brushes clean as one of the winterizing projects. Believe me, she was disgustingly DIRTY after this project!


I tried getting on "Turbo", a 2 year-old that hadn't been ridden yet. I've worked with him most of the summer, and all was going well ...


so I climbed all the way on and rode him 5 steps at a walk! (It's a good start...)


then we rode some of our other favorites. I'm on the chesnut:


Lilah even got to ride "the Dude"


Lilah even had her first trot on the Dude!! She loved it!

3 comments:

Ellehcim said...

Aw, the end of horse camp... bitter sweet eh?
So cool that Lilah got to see what a trot feels like, she seemed to like it a lot! The Dude is an awesome horse! Good boy!
Thanks for the update!

Ellehcim said...

Congratulations on Turbo by the way! Good job! He'll make a fine riding horse someday!

Andrea said...

YAY! Lots of work in such a short period of time. Great job with Turbo, he seems pretty complacent. Lilah riding The Dude makes me want to come ride with Chloe! She had so much fun out at the barn the other day! Lilah talking... how crazy. Can't wait to see you guys soon!!!