Monday, July 27, 2009

A Day in the Life of....

Someone asked me the other day what my life was like here at camp. So here is a list:

1. My life now revolves around feeding 30 horses, morning and night, EVERY DAY.
2. I break a sweat before 8 am every day.
3. I work hard every day in the hot sun, doing hard horse tasks I've never had to do before, like stacking hay bales, corral maintence, driving dump trucks full of manure, ect.
4. I can throw hay bales around like no other.
5. I ride by the skin of my teeth on young horses, badly-behaved horses, green horses, ect. Sometimes I shake it up and ride Sweet P, who is well-trained but still is a handful herself.
5. I trail ride. A lot.
6. I party. A lot.
7. My daughter is officially hooked on horses. It is bad news if she goes to the corral and doesn't get to ride a horse.
8. At the end of the day, the horse staff and I run screaming off the dock, fully-clothed working in the corral, just to get cooler faster.
9. Lilah, Nick and I put in quality time swimming in the lake as often as possible. Lilah loves to play in the water!
10. I take showers, but never really feel clean.
11. I am constantly sun-burned and tired.
12. My bed, my shower, and my time-off are elusive items I'm beginning to question the existence of.
13. Living at camp is like a cross between camping, college, and Shasta.
14. I have a hard time imagining the upcoming winter months, and Nick and I still haven't decided where we'll be.
15. I am having a blast and have made lots of new friends and new memories!!

And finally,
16. I drive hill-billy red-neck trucks around town while completing job duties:


17: I get dressed up with the rest of the camp staff at the end of each session. This was our last "Tattler" night, which is the last night of camp each session. Each Tattler has a theme, and it's very special for the kids. In this picture the theme was "Candyland", and I was the lollipop princess. I'm in the very back...



No comments: