Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rodeo Night

Last Friday night I took all the horse staff to the rodeo. Some of my staff are from overseas, and this was their first rodeo experience. Some staff enjoyed it (myself included), but some of the foreign staff were horrified. I explained the rodeo traditions, which helped smooth things over, but one girl reported the rodeo was "not at all what I expected" in her very-British accent.



Horse Staff '09:



It's been entertaining to hang out with people from all over the world. It's interesting to see my every day world through their eyes. For example, every morning I hear, "Omigod -- there's a chipmunk!! Did ye see 'em?" from the Scottish girl. The South African (who has monkeys in her neighborhood at home) is fascinated with the gray squirrels and is trying to figure out a way (which sounds like "figrre out a vey") to catch one. The deer that roam around the corral are also a source of excitement and mad camera-snapping.

All the staff have arrived now for the 2009 summer season, and we have started our all-staff training, which continues for the next week and a half. Our first camp session starts June 25th -- coming right up!

No comments: