Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Places not to take a toddler....

Here is another another poll for you parents out there ....

Where are places you refuse to take your toddler? Besides the obvious ones of course, like bars and strip clubs. I'm thinking every day places, like the Verizon phone store (from which I just returned from) where you know you will wait forever (to get your cell phone fixed) while you try to keep an 18-month old entertained (unsuccessfully).

So instead of pouring myself a drink now that I'm home, I am starting a list of places not to take your darling toddler.

1. The post office -- long waits in a line with your arms full of packages instead of your kid!

2. The libraryif I'm browsing for books for me -- Lilah never gets the memo to keep quiet, and likes to pull the books off the shelf as I'm trying to read the titles..

3. The Verizon phone service store -- I can't stand the mix between pushy salespeople and poor salespeople, and it's not fun wait the 30-plus minutes on the service people. Couldn't they just let you leave and come back when it's fixed?!?! Can't they see Lilah is about to lose it?!?!

And actually, they could tell. I left the store without getting all my info updated but Lilah was MORE than ready to GO, GO GO (as she was yelling)

Sigh.

Okay, I think I'm done ranting but I do refuse to take Lilah these places ever again without back-up! Tell me what your places are and I will add them to the list!

-H

1 comment:

Willis Family said...

Do not take your toddler to Ikea, unless you give them a proper nap, feed them a large meal, let them play and play and then maybe you can take them to Ikea, but remember to get your items and get out!! My worst experience ever in public was at Ikea. I even had people telling me to leave the cart and just to go home!! How embarrasing. Last time Chris and I went there without Addie it was bliss, and meanwhile I heard the baby screams and thought, ahhhhh, it's not my kid thank GOD!!!