Sunday, December 14, 2008

Life behind the Blog...

Up until now, I've kept this blog pretty superficial. It's been mostly pictures and stories! I realized, though, a lot of what is really going on has been kept off the blog. So in order to fill in the picture, here's a little update:

I have completed my interviews (I think) with one barn located outside of Sisters. I've also managed to secure great housing over there, so if and when we get the "yay" call, we'll be renting our house out and moving. I'm hoping to hear from them this upcoming week. If I don't hear back, I'm planning on teaching lessons on the side in Clark County. My trainer has offered a horse to me to use, so I would have two lesson-horse quality horses.

I met with my OB doctor about two weeks ago. After 15 months, he told me it would be best if Nick and I adopted if we wanted more children. I didn't really want to go through pregnancy and birth again anyway, but I am surprised with how sad both Nick and I are to hear this. Even though we both kind of expected it, we will have to come to terms with it. It's interesting how life throws curve-balls --- I grew up thinking pregnancy and childbirth would be no big deal. Nick and I both originally wanted to have a large family, but now we think just Lilah will be fine. She's perfect anyway! :)

We are gearing up (or down?) to Christmas now. I am sick to death of putting ornaments back on the tree after L has pulled them down. In fact, our tree at this point is mostly undecorated. We will spend Christmas Eve with my parents, Christmas Day in HR with both sets of parents, and then travel to the Roundhouse for Nick's family Christmas.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Auntie Michelle said...

Im sorry to hear of the bad news with the doctor. If things don't clear up with my heart, you and I could be in the same boat...but you are right to be thankful with just your Lilah!