Sunday, December 14, 2008

Aggghhhh!!



We definately have our hands full with this one.... Lilah recently visited her grandparents in Hood River for a couple days. On her return, she has decided naps are no longer neccessary and that she will only sleep with us at night.

Nick and I know how whiny and miserable she gets if she does not get her naps, so we're still trying to get her to sleep in her crib for both naps and at night.

So far, I think she's winning.

We've been trying the cry-it-out method, as well as the Super-Nanny's method of sitting by the crib. For two days she cried for over an hour without ever taking a nap, and at night she'll cry for over two hours before petering out.

This past week has been the hardest parenting days for me. I ache to comfort her when she's crying, but I know it won't help the situation. On the flip side, I also get very frustrated and pissy when she wouldn't sleep!

I do have to say, however, I had been enjoying the co-sleeping at night. There is something that is so peaceful about sleeping with your sound-asleep baby. :) Plus, I know this period will eventually pass, and I'll probably miss the extra snuggle time with her!

No comments: