Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Opps.... I did it again ....




Here is a picture of our latest acquisition --- just in time for the trail riding season! I have been searching high and low for Riding School lesson horses. I found one that was blind, one that was pregnant (and the owner didn't know until my assistant pointed it out to her...), a couple that were generally lame, one that was super-psychotic, and a couple that had psychotic owners.




And then I found Clifford.




He is a SUPER quiet, 16'3 hand (that's TALL!) , 20 year-old Thoroughbred gelding. He is an ex-racehorse, but he is so unflappable I doubt he was very successful as a racer. Nick and I will take him out trail riding, and the rest of the time he will be working as an LOH school horse.












Life is full of ironies. For those of you that don't know, this is the second special "Cliff" in my life. The other Cliff is pictured below -- R.I.P. --- :)









He-he-hee.... :)





-Heather

2 comments:

Auntie Michelle said...

At least this one is not yellow.

Anonymous said...

AHHH TRAIL RIDING! So excited HEather, where was my phone call?! Love it! Congrats!