Sunday, April 27, 2008

Concrete Sidewalk -- 1 point. Lilah -- ZERO

Ugh, I hate this stage Lilah in. She continues to be a happy, healthy baby, and even though she just learned to crawl two weeks ago, she is now determined to stand and walk. Her several daily attempts usually ends with her bonking her head on something or falling over. I can't stand watching her fall, and when I don't get to her in time I worry about injuries.

This past weekend, the whole fam-dam was outside gardening. I had a close eye on Lilah, who was hanging out on her rug in the grass, and the next thing I know she on our concrete sidewalk, bawling, and BLEEDING. I think my heart stopped.

Nothing was broken, thank god, but she does have a hefty fat lip for a baby. She must've bonked her face on the concrete somehow for whatever reason. It happened so fast. Just as quickly, Lilah was on to the next thing, but I felt like I could still cry about it all afternoon.

-H



Yes, Mommy, that IS blood on my t-shirt!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

looks like she survived ok. the first fall ever is probably the worst for you. you'll get used to it...lala did almost the same scenario last spring but she totally skinned up her nose.