Friday, February 22, 2008

My secret mommy confession....

My older sisters have posted secret mommy confessions on their blogs, meaning that they share gross things about themselves that you wouldn't normally share and blame it on being too busy parenting. If you want to know what they've admitted to, you will have to read their blogs!

Meanwhile, I am going to take the plunge and admit my secret mommy confession. It's about my hair.

I haven't brushed it in a long, long time. I think it was maybe two months ago that I washed it and combed it out completely. I definately have washed it since then (I swear!!) but I can't really remember the last time I brushed it out.

My hair is so thick and long now that it takes me a chunk of time to sit and brush it out. I just don't have that chunk of time anymore and if I do, I'm too tired to deal with it. So I just put my hair in a pony-tail and go to bed. Then, when I go to work, I fix up my ponytail and go out the door.

This has worked really well for the last couple of months, and the only reason I am admitting to this now is that I recently found a huge hair knot on my head. It's about four inches long, and two inches wide. Think Bob Marley, only not as bad.

I tried getting the knot undone when I noticed it and I was unsuccessful. One of my instructors at work is very good at getting knots out of horses' manes and she's got some kind of special goo to help her untangle the knots. So, I'll be hitting her up for that goo. Of course, I'll have to tell her it's for one of the riding school horses..... Otherwise I'm well on my way to having dredlocks!

-H

No comments: