Friday, February 22, 2008

In sickness & in health

Nick, Lilah, and I have all been sick the last few days. I think I can count on one hand how many times Nick has been sick since we've been together (and it's been almost ten years...) and having us both sick at the same time and trying to deal with a sick baby was challenging. Nick called in the reinforcements (i.e. his family members) within twenty-four hours of our first sick day. We were so lucky to have Nick's mom arrive an hour and a half later from Hood River to take Lilah off our hands. Nick was already in bed when Tania showed up, and I immediately handed her the baby and went and joined him. Tania and Lilah slept downstairs that night. We slept fitfully due to our sickness, but the next morning I slept in until 10:15am! Sweet.... Nick and I stayed home from work yesterday, (that was two days in a row for Nick, which is unheard of in Nick-land) and today he took Lilah to day-care and went to work himself. I still at home -- I was hoping to teach my favorite weekly riding lesson, but looks like I'm sitting this week out. But I am catching up on some work from home, and soon I know we'll all be back on our feet!

-Heather

No comments: