Wednesday, January 9, 2008

So, after almost fully-convincing myself a number of times that I was going to stay home after Lilah's arrival, I found myself back at the Lake Oswego Hunt Club on Tuesday. It was my official first day back from maternity leave. I had happily given up the job title of Executive Director, so I am back to running the Riding School. I am making close to what I made as RS Director full-time, but I'm only working part-time. And, best of all, I found the perfect nanny for Lilah. Dara is a MSW, teaches anger management classes and child care classes for the state, and she's fanatic about babies. I have known her through the Lake Oswego Hunt for the last three years -- I taught Dara's daughter riding lessons for a couple years before graduating her daughter from the Riding School to a training program. The only drawback is that Dara is not sure how long she wants to nanny, but I'm prepared to pull out all my persuasion tactics. :)

Anyway, yesterday was my first day back. It is CRAZY to run around LOH without being hugely pregnant, hot, tired, and out-of-breath. What a nice change! Unfortunately the Riding School didn't fare well while I was gone. I have yet to talk to a happy client. But, I am excited to be back. I'm looking forward to straightening the Riding School out and I'm so happy to be with horses again. Thank goodness!

So we'll see how it goes!

-Heather

No comments: