Sunday, June 27, 2010

Horse Show!!

Last weekend I took my kids/adults from Foundation Riding Academy (www.foundationridingacademy.com) to their first real horse show! The classes were huge, which up to twenty riders per class, which made the show schedule slow way down. The other riders were pretty competitive as well. Both factors made it a challenging first show, but we did well. One of my adult students was told by the judge she almost won first place in equitation (based on the rider's position on the horse) but took 3rd, and my teenager McKenzie beat out twenty other riders for a fifth place in her Eq class. My young seven year-olds looked great in their leadline class!

Of course, it's not all about the ribbons. The girls had fun preparing for the show and even spent the night at our house the night before. The horses were so well-behaved, and we all learned a lot about showing. I got to experience the flip side of showing by being the trainer supervising clients. I've decided it's equally as stressful! But, I am already searching for our next shows....

Alexis and Barry,


I love this picture of Sweet P. Barry's in the back w/ Marina. I'm going to get this photo-shopped and put up at the barn...





Aliyah loves Sweet P!

Paula and Sweet P.

Group shot of FRA clients, waiting and warming up!


Group shot with Barry!


Go McKenzie!!


Happy Riding!

No comments: