Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Catchin' Up

We have been busy these last couple of weeks. I have gotten so busy with my riding academy that I have put Lilah into daycare four days a week, two hours each day. Lilah loves going to her "school", and I appreciate the time it has freed me up to teach and ride. I have also been busy farming out camp's riding string. Since most of the horses are farmed out on care-leases, I have a feeling I will be shuffling horses around for the next couple of years. This picture sums up my week last week -- balancing motherhood with horses. Lilah and I had hauled a camp horse off to a trial period, and I made it back just in time to drop her off at "school" before getting back to my barn to teach.

Here's my rig parallel-parked just outside of Lilah's daycare. Some mommies drive mini-van, this is what Lilah's mommy rolls in.






















One of my students gave Lilah a bag-full of clothes. To Lilah's great excitement, the bag included THREE NEW DRESSES. Lilah loves to wear dresses! She also loves to wear her princess crown. Thank you Michaels for this wonderful $1.25 toy.







We recently had our good friends from camp come and visit us for the weekend. Here Lilah and I are enjoying our Sunday picnic with Jake and Carol:



Nick introduced Jake to Disc Golf.... and got him hooked! (mainly because he can do Mickey Mouse ears....)





Lilah went antique shopping with us. I love antique stores, and Lilah has gotten really good about "only looking with our eyes", and not touching anything.








Mountain men in the 'Couv!








We also hit up the Farmers Market. (Have I ever mentioned Vancouver's a great place to live??) Here someone had put a bouquet of flowers in the statue's hand.





We also had a great Cancer-Free party. Nick had his second "cancer-free" diagnosis from the doctor a few days before the party. We had people trickling in and out all day Saturday, and the last people left Sunday at 3pm.
Here was what our recycling looked like. We even added to this stack later.






Guess what all these girls had in common (other than knowing us) .... ? At least they had something to talk about....










One of my old friends from high school and college came. For whatever reason, we lost touch a few years after college and hadn't seen in each other in years. It was great to catch-up with Slick Rick and introduce to some of our other friends, such as Erin. Looks like they were getting along well.













Thank you everyone who came from near and far! It was great celebrating with you!






2 comments:

Ellehcim said...

Great Pictures! You guys are so cute!
Next time I come to Vancouver I want to go disk-golfing Nick! I LOVE disk-golf!!!

Andrea said...

:) Love the pictures... Especially the one of the truck and trailer outside of daycare! You're the greatest! Hope to see you soon!