Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Annual Anniversary Weekend

We just got back from our second annual anniversary weekend trip over to the Roundhouse with our good friends Jessica and Jake, who celebrate their anniversary a day after Nick and I. We spent four days swimming, doing archery, playing games, walking, biking, and of course, eating way too much food.

This was also our first weekend trip without Lilah. GASP! I admit I might have been a little teary leaving her in Hood River with Nanny Tanny, and I might have also been a little teary picking her back up, but other than that it was LOVELY to have a weekend away from parenthood. While my daughter was waking up between 5:45 am and 6:30am, I slept in every day until 10 or later. In fact, after 10 1/2 grueling months of trying to be a morning person by waking up with a baby, I was depressed to learn how quickly (24 hrs) I can revert back to being a night owl.

I can officially say now that I've been in a bar fight! We went out to Sisters's new local watering hole one night. While we were playing pool a local-yocal woman (read: hag) rushed our pool table saying that this was her bar and her pool-table. Apparently she stepped out for a smoke for about 45 minutes, and we took over the table not realizing her name was written on it. She threw some things, used a few colorful descriptions regarding the table and our game, then realized none of the males in her group were going to take on Jake, who stands over 6'5. So we finished our game while her group glared at us. She later tried making ammends -- she was pretty trashed....

As always, I can't wait for next year's trip. This weekend truly felt like a vacation, bar fight and all!



Jessica 22 1/2 wks. It's a boy!








Yummy!

1 comment:

Ellehcim said...

Congratulations Jessica and Jake! A Boy! How wonderful! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I can't wait to see you, Heather, TOMORROW!!!! YAY! I miss you so much!
Ha bars are so much fun!